Thursday, September 25, 2008

Motherhood



I love being a mother. I used to love being an aunt because I could always give the crying baby back to it's mom. I thought that being a mom in that instant would not be fun since, when around family, everyone holds the baby until the baby is screaming. But I find now that I LOVE it when someone else is holding my baby and the baby gets fussy, because I am the mother and JD feels comfort from me and calms down when I have him. It is amazing the connection that mothers have with their babies. Now I know why I am so close with my mom. Jeremy's favorite scripture that he has on his missionary plaque is Alma 56:47-48



"47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.



48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."



I just hope that I can teach JD all that he needs to know amd all that my parents taught me.

2 comments:

Teah said...

It is great to be a mother!! And I know that you are and will be a great one.

Kara said...

Great post! Becoming a mother is unlike anything else in the world. Isn't it such an honor? I totally know that feeling when someone else is holding your baby and they fuss. It's like you feel the need to take care of them, and they only want you.